The second annual parade of Klamath Basin graduates in Downtown Klamath Falls will be June 1 starting at noon.
The Graduation Sensation is to recognize the hard work that graduates put in to achieve their diplomas.
Klamath Promise is offering $1,000 and $500 scholarships to students who have raised their grades, improved their attendance, or may be the first of their family to graduate or move on toward college.
Seniors are encouraged to apply for the scholarships. Contact your high school counselor. Applications are at the individual schools
And, if your a business person, please feel free to contribute to this much-needed scholarship. Applications are available from Klamath Promise. Contact Anne Hiller Clark at the Junior Achievement office in the Chamber of Commerce Building, or Ray Holliday at Holiday Jewelers, or Gerry O’Brien at the Herald and News office.
WHAT IS IT?
Graduating seniors in caps and gowns parade down Main Street to Veterans Park to celebrate with drawings for more than $20,000 in scholarships donated by community members and organizations, drawings for gift cards, short speeches, and food
• Graduating senior students from Klamath Falls City School District, Klamath County School District and private schools to march in the parade wearing their caps and gowns.
• Family and friends of the graduating seniors
• Main Street business community members and passers-by encouraged to cheer students from sidewalk
• Entire Klamath County community encouraged to recognize our students’ achievements
• Klamath Promise Steering Committee members & other volunteers.
WHEN IS IT?
• June 1, 2017
• 11:30 pm: Graduating senior students line up in empty lot at 11th and Main Streets by school
• 12:00 – 12:30 pm: Students parade down Main Street with family, friends, passersby waving
• 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Celebration in Veterans Park
o Short speeches by speakers
o Scholarship and gift card drawings
o Food and celebrating—cake , healthy snacks & drinks
WHERE IS IT?
• Downtown Klamath Falls from 11th and Main Streets to Veterans Park along Main Street.
WHY SHOULD I COME?
• Come to celebrate and maybe win a scholarship!
• All Klamath County citizens come and support this year’s seniors graduating high school. Let’s show them or community cares about their future and their success’s.
• Help encourage students still in high school to reach the graduation finish line.
• Help promote the Klamath Promise goal of 100% high school graduation.